Creating Our New Normal Through the Lens of a Healthcare Startup
WED // JUL 15th
- actions and strategies that healthcare startups must take in order to weather the storm and return to growth in a COVID19 world
- how our own company’s mission and values must drive our business through challenges
Rick Adam is a serial entrepreneur with a focus on improving healthcare delivery.
He has led teams in manufacturing/distribution, investment banking, the US Air Force
and then at Recondo Technology and Stanson Health before joining as CEO of Empiric
Health. Empiric has commercialized Intermountain Healthcare’s analytics for reducing
unwarranted variation in surgery.
Rick and his family reside in Denver CO where they enjoy the mountains. He grew up in
Los Angeles on the swim and water polo teams and surfed in his free time. His
quarantine hobby is learning how to bake bread, with mixed results.
He graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point with a BS in
engineering. In the USAF he led software teams in the space program including Apollo.
Frank Ricotta is an internationally recognized cybersecurity expert.
He has over 35 years of experience in:
– designing and implementing data & communications networks
– Aland machine learning
– swarm intelligence solutions
– works in Healthcare, Defense, and Finance.
– has numerous patents in fields of cybersecurity and machine intelligence
Frank served in the U.S. Air Force and holds a B.S. in Computer Science from the
United States Air Force Academy and an MBA from St. Mary’s University.
He is the father of four, enjoys five grandkids with his wife of 35 years, and has
three dogs. Frank’s motto is: “Make a difference, make it fun and if you do those
two right, you will make money.” Frank can also cook for large groups of people,
and known to make burritos for over 100 people!